We are happy to say that we have re-opened our office for routine dental treatment. We thank you for your patience as we work to get everyone re-scheduled as quickly as possible. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Please read how we are proceeding with our operations in order to achieve
Our Commitment to Your Safety!
We hope this finds you and your family in good health. COVID-19 has been very difficult for all of us. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Many of you have been forced to wait for dental care, and we deeply appreciate your understanding while we kept our office closed to help control the spread of COVID-19.
Revised Office Procedures for Your Safety
Your health and well-being continue to be our highest priority, and we are ONLY opening because we have carefully planned and revised our office procedures in an effort to CONTINUE to greatly minimize the risk of infection for our patients and our team members. Our own families are also patients here so you can be assured that we will be taking care of you just as well as we will be taking care of them.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We follow the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
Procedure for Coming into the Office
For your peace of mind, the measures we will be taking to continue to provide a safe dental treatment experience include, but are not limited to, the following:
Prior to arriving at the office, a Team Member will call you for Prescreening.
Upon Your Arrival at the Office
- The front door will be locked and the door between the waiting area and operatories will be propped open all day.
- Patients will be asked to wait in their car, but we ask that you text us (336.396.7991) or call us (336.570.3882) when you arrive. If you choose not to, you may knock on the door to advise your arrival and then return to your car to wait until a Team member comes to get you.
- You will be asked to wear a face mask both before and after your treatment. We ask that you bring a mask with you, but if you do not have one, we will provide you with a Level II mask.
- Gloves will be placed at the entrance of our office. Please wear the gloves as you will be touching door handles, signature pads and pens. Gloves will also be in the restroom so that you can change after a visit there.
- Patients will be screened BEFORE entering the office and temperatures will be checked. Any patients showing signs of a fever or other symptoms of illness will be asked to reschedule their appointment. You may reschedule / cancel with no change fees. WE WANT YOU TO BE SAFE!!!!
- The waiting area chairs will be spaced apart to allow for 6 feet of distancing, however, we do not plan to have you waiting in that area.
ONLY patients will be allowed entry into the office. Parents and other family members will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- We will ask that you continue to practice social distancing measures in common areas of the office, including the front desk.
- There will be no physical contact with patients except for treatment.
- As always, all rooms will be COMPLETELY disinfected before each patient is seated, and public areas, including restrooms, will be cleaned and disinfected frequently throughout the day.
- All surfaces that come in contact with the patient will be wiped with disinfectant including the patient chair and the accessory chair where the patient placed their personal items and/or coat hanger.
- All operatories have high-volume evacuation units.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, OSHA, and ADA regarding personal protective equipment (PPE) and office sterilization.
- During patient care, goggles or face shields will be worn by everyone and changed between patients.
- All patients will be given a 1-minute pre-procedure rinse of either 1.5% hydrogen peroxide or 1% Betadine (Povidone) which will be removed by high volume suction. (NO SPITTING!!!) Please alert us if you have a sensitivity to Iodine.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
- Clear panels will be in place at the front desk to protect against sneeze droplets from either side.
- After every transaction, the checkout desk and glass will be wiped with a disinfectant.
- Online payment is ALWAYS an option if you do not wish to use our disinfected Credit Card processing machine.
- As you check out, we will give you a list of things to consider over the next 48 hours. If you experience ANY SYMPTOMS after your dental visit, PLEASE contact our office.
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution, but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We also realize that many of you have been impacted financially during this outbreak, and we are offering additional solutions to keep dental care affordable for you and your family. To discuss these payment options, schedule an appointment, or ask us any questions you may have about your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us at 336.570.3882.
Thank you for being our patient! We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
See you soon,
Dr. Karen, Dr. Chris and Team