Fact or Fiction:
- If I am not having any mouth pain, then I don’t need to see the dentist.
- You can outgrow tooth decay.
- It is okay to whiten my teeth at home if I have staining.
- White teeth are healthy teeth.
- People should floss once a week.
Fact or Fiction Answers:
- Fiction: Just because you aren’t in pain, doesn’t mean all is well. Quite often, by the time you feel pain, it is too late to treat or prevent a cavity or gum disease.
- Fiction: Tooth decay can occur at any age, which why it is important to maintain healthy dental habits like those mentioned in the article above.
- Fact: The OTC whitening products are safe, but they are not always reliable, nor do they always work if you have had bonding or tooth colored fillings placed in your front teeth, if you wish to have a brighter smile talk to Dr. Barwick and Associates about our Zoom Whitening process.
- Fiction: Just because one has white teeth does not mean they have healthy gums and a cavity free smile. Only by brushing your teeth 2 times a day for at least 2 minutes at a time, flossing, eating healthy and having regular dental visits can you be assured of a healthy smile.
- Fiction: Flossing should be done at least once a day. This prevents plaque buildup.